Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Scott Jurek's Lentil - Mushroom Burgers from Eat to Run

Made these burgers from Scott Jurek's Eat To Run book.  Excellent.  Maybe 5... although they're only the second veggie burger recipe I've tried.  My husband described them as 'inoffensive', my son tried to eat two and my daughter, who originally did not want to try one, declared it 'really good'.  I think they're really delicious - I love the texture and the taste.

It seems you could make almost anything passable if you stuff it into a bun with tomato, lettuce, pickles, corn salsa and enough ketchup, but my family does not agree. These, however, are good enough to eat alone as a patty.

I made them pretty much as directed, except I accidentally used pecans instead of walnuts, and I used smoked paprika instead of regular.

Served with roasted red potatoes.

Kid-friendly: yes
Kid-rating: 4 (average of 2 and 4)
Husband-rating: 4
My rating: 4 maybe 5
Ease of prep: medium - high. I used the food processor for most of the chopping, but I had to cook the lentils in one pan, saute the onions and mushrooms in another, fry the burgers in a third pan. Slick and Prepare the toppings.
Cleanup: medium - high. pot, saute pan, fry pan, food processor,measuring cups, knife and cutting board
Nutrition: A - this one is packed with good stuff- mushrooms, kale, onions, beans, nuts
Overall Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment