Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Herbivore Cheater Pad Thai and others from HHA

I checked Happy Herbivore Abroad by Lindsey S. Nixon out of the library and had to renew it, I've been using it so much.  I'm definitely going to buy one of her books, just have to decide which one to start with.  Here's a quick run down of whAt we've tried recently from HHA.

Cheater Pad Thai - earned a 4 from kids and adults.  We even used the frozen stir fry vegetables (usually I hate frozen veggies) and it was delish.

Aloo Gobi - earned at least a 3.  My son said it was delicious and had seconds and ate the leftovers.

Vegetable Korma - 3 or 4.  I added in some coconut milk I had leftover.  Made this extra delicious.

Thai noodle soup - 3.  Not bad but I made it too salty and spicy for our tastes.  Cut back on the chili sauce next time.

Sushi Hand Rolls - 4.  We loved these.  Called it Lazy Man Sushi and let everyone roll their own.  Served with some leftover teriyaki sauce .  Cucumber, carrot, avocado, nori, oven baked teriyaki tofu.

Barley Mushroom patties - 3 - My son really enjoyed it, my daughter didn't care for it.  Husband thought it was a bit bland - he should have added salt?  All was gone by the end of dinner though, no leftovers.  We all liked the texture of the barley.  Served with improvised tomato balsamic salad, oven sweet potato fries and roasted zucchini.

Sunshine Muffins - 2 - I'm eating these and my daughter had a couple, but they have a bitter after taste.  I only added 1/2 c of sugar so maybe it's not covering the taste of the white whole wheat flour?  Also used 20 oz. of fresh (slightly blended) pineapple instead of canned. I like the moistness and the crisp top.

No comments:

Post a Comment